[lug] Fwd: RHEL6 compatible motherboard

William D. Knoche bill.knoche at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 23:28:34 MST 2013

On 11/19/2013 02:21 PM, Steven Hart wrote:
> Just in case anyone is interested, I bought an ASUS P8Z77-V
> motherboard and so far so good.  RHEL6 is installing and both network
> andUSB ports are working normallyright out of the gate.

I have been running this motherboard on three systems (as well as the
smaller version for mythtv) with Fedora 18 and I am very happy with it.
Seems to have good support. I have the 55w ivybridge quad core cpus in
it with 16GB.
The only issue I have is that sometimes when it suspends I can wake it
with a tap to any key on the usb keyboard and other times it takes a
press of the soft power button. Doesn't seem to matter whether I suspend
manually or it does it automatically and seems completely unpredictable.