[lug] Fedora 19, "storage administrators guide", NFS

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Fri Nov 29 18:45:21 MST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why a fedora 19 system is failing to allow mount to another machine on a trusted private LAN.

My research finds that the most recent System Administrator's Guide at http://docs.fedoraproject.org is for fedora 18, although fedora 19 has been around a while and fedora 20 is about to go production. In this fedora 18 guide I find a reference suggesting NFS setup is covered in the Storage Administrator's Guide, which in turn is most recently updated to fedora 14. Much of the fedora 18 System Administrator's Guide is no longer applicable, and refers to non-systemd configuration.

Has anyone here found any kind of NFS setup guide which applies to the systemd (systemctl) method of configuration on fedora 19 or newer? Is there any kind of check list available for NFS v4 on a systemd setup such as seen on fedora 19?

I have put the private LAN on the "trusted" zone, and all other networking succeeds here, but I get no log messages to indicate any attempt to mount my exports and the system doing the mount simply times out...hoping to find clues or a place to start which uses the actual fedora 19 packages which are not antiques. Fedora 14 and 18 documents seem to no longer apply.