[lug] Ham Radio and Linux

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Dec 22 19:04:22 MST 2013

Hi Folks.

I figure there must be a few hams on this list. Just got my Technician
ticket. So, I've been looking at Linux software for hams. Lots of stuff I
don't currently have a use for, but eventually, I might.

One thing I thought I'd have a use for is logging. So I looked at several
of those programs, and they're all geared towards contacts and
contesting. My preconception here is that there's more stuff I might want
to keep in a log, such as equipment changes, notes about how this or that
antenna works, notes to myself, etc. But I'm not seeing any sort of
ad-hoc or diary sort of features anywhere.

Does anything like that exist? Yeah, I could do something like that using
WordPress or Vi, but it just seems as if that'd be handy to include in a
logging program.

jed -- KD0YMG