[lug] Version Control Device Special Files?

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Mon Jan 6 15:41:48 MST 2014

This particular embedded system will boot and generate /dev, but not all of it is generated...in particular some custom firmware file which I do not know the nature of is not regenerated, along with a whole lot of items which are not actually needed DO get generated (items not in the original /dev). Looks like it would "work" to remove /dev, but the changes would have an impact on developing on the system. Perhaps a combination of custom svn triggers and tar for the case of /dev might do it...e.g., maybe I can trick it into a tar version of those files during import. I wouldn't mind manually untar of those files during export.