[lug] Call for speakers - BLUG 2014

George S. georges at mhsoftware.com
Tue Jan 7 10:06:59 MST 2014

I've got a raspberry pi that I've turned into an NTP server using a GPS
chip. The cost on the project is maybe $100. It's a pretty neat way to
get an inexpensive, very precise NTP server for internal use, or for
locations that are not connected.

I've also created a really simple marquee page using a pi that drives an
HDMI TV.  The page use JQuery to extract data from a web-based calendar
and continuously show what rooms are in use in the building. Just for
fun, it also does a display of current weather conditions.

I'm also starting up a project where I'm going to interface a pi with my
garage door opener, along with a webcam, and a thermometer.

If people are interested in that, I'd be willing to present on it.

On 1/2/14 9:20 AM, anna wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> as you probably know, I coordinate speakers for the BLUG monthly
> meetings, and I'm now working on the 2014 calendar.
> Unfortunately, I run out of ideas on who to call next. So, I need your
> input, otherwise no ideas = no speakers.
>
> I can take care of organizing, logistics etc, but please share if
> there's a subject you are interested in, if you know a great speaker
> that you'd love to hear from, or even if you could be a speaker
> yourself (it does not need to be earth shattering, it may just be
> something you have experience with that you can share with the group).
>
> Have a very Happy 2014!
> Anna

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.