[lug] WD MyCloud NAS Details

Gary A. Romero garomero at thegeek.nu
Tue Jan 7 15:16:02 MST 2014

I have one of the 2tb units and it works fantastically. These devices have a USB3 port that can be used to expand or backup the device data. I personally use a 2TB WD Passport that I use to do a full backup of the machine on a regular basis which is set up via the web interface. I can also confirm that there is no video hardware on the board.

I'm sure there are tons of things that could hacked into these devices. I have seen people hack the 'My Book' version to host owncloud.

Gary (Garheade) Romero
SFS Monkey

GARomero at TheGeek.nu
Cell: 303-895-6696

"Documentation is like sex:
when it is good, it is very, very good;
and when it is bad, it is better than nothing."
Dick Brandon