[lug] speaking of wordpress : hosting recs

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 09:23:51 MST 2014

Thanks for pointing us to gandi.

I transferred the DNS of one of my domains just to wet my toes and
they are very pleasant waters indeed. Just a couple of weeks so far,
but I will transfer everything I have!
Their control panels are very well organized. Their website is very
clean and free not only from advertisement, but also from other crap
(I did not see any other cheap hosting company having such a clean
site). They seem to be able to do anything I want and much more (my
previous registrar/hosting had an additional fee for anything I
wanted, and some of the things I wanted weren't available at all).
Their prices are cheap. They accept wire transfer payment, besides
credit cards (maybe not a big deal for you, but a big deal for a guy
grown up in Europe, since we do not trust credit cards).
Their preferred advertisement for their services is word of mouth.
They don't have affiliate programs (i.e. I don't get anything back for
recommending them to you, so you can trust that my word is honest --
but I might ask for a coupon if you need a little price break to wet
your toes).

So, thanks again for pointing us to them, David!

Davide