[lug] Has anybody tried multiseat?

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 15:18:15 MST 2014

Folks,

I decided that full multiseat was too cumbersome and not really needed
for my use case. I'm sending this email with MPX instead, as
documented in the first link, I will probably test the second later:
https://blog.dbrgn.ch/2010/7/14/how-to-use-mpx-to-control-several-pointers-at-the-same-time/

Extremely easy to try it (without changing any global setting, just
run those commands in the shell and it happens without even restarting
X), Out of 10 minutes of tests, I'm liking it, but I have a concern
with some possibly minor but annoying glitches such as:
- the wheels of the mice do not work
- the triple-click (select line) interferes with the other user
- can't remember how to have the the second panel on the second
display (instead of the top of the first display)

If you have suggestions, let me know. I'll keep you posted (until you
scream "enough" ;-)

Cheers,
Davide