[lug] redirecting into mail

Chip Atkinson chip at pupman.com
Fri Jan 31 16:01:23 MST 2014

If you can telnet to port 25 on the ISP, you could then use netcat to send
a file with the smtp chat.  It's pretty easy to set up.  Here's an
example:

[chip at trailerbarn ~]$ telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 trailerbarn.pupman.com ESMTP Postfix
HELO pupman.com
250 trailerbarn.pupman.com
MAIL FROM: joey at pupman.com
250 2.1.0 Ok
RCPT TO: chip at pupman.com
250 2.1.5 Ok
DATA
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
Subject: Hi there

This is a test message
.

This will actuall provide a subject line as well.  You can put other
headers in too.

Chip