[lug] help, yum package upgrade failure

William D. Knoche bill.knoche at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 10:08:14 MST 2014

How do I go about fixing a package issue?

This is specifically about upgrading libbluray on fedora 18

Updating:
  libbluray           x86_64           0.5.0-2.fc18 updates           115 k

Transaction Check Error:
   file /usr/lib64/libbluray.so.1 from install of
libbluray-0.5.0-2.fc18.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
libbluray1-0.4.0-6.fc18.x86_64

I think this probably due to a packaging issue.

But more in general how does one go about resolving these kinds of issues?

I tried a number of things and thought that perhaps remoiving the
package and re-installing the newer one might work but I became very
nervous when it wanted to removed a bunch of important packages due to
dependencies.

I thought about just upgrading to 19 with fedup but it complained about
several other unresolved issues as well as a bunch of packages with no
upgrades to 19.

Suggestions?

--bill