[lug] Remember Y2K?

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Mon Feb 24 17:10:38 MST 2014

'Week 53' isn't really that surprising if you're comfortable using week
numbers - no more surprising than leap days.

But doing math with the week number? You have to be careful - you could be
off by a week if you don't remember that some years have 52 weeks and some
years have 53 weeks and it's a complex pattern once you add leap years.

Plus there's at least three standard versions. Start on Sunday, start on
Monday, and I've seen businesses start on Wednesday.