[lug] Remember Y2K?

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 10:37:18 MST 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:18 PM, Bear Giles <bgiles at coyotesong.com> wrote:

> Why do you think that "weeks starts on Sunday" is used by the "vast
> majority" of Westerners? I would have guessed "weeks starts on Monday".

I would have agreed, but why guess when we have an encyclopedia at our
fingertips?

Wikipedia page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_day_of_the_week#Numbered_days_of_the_weekseems
a little strange in this regard, in that it does mention mostly east
European, east and obscure countries and not very many west ones.

(clicking clicking).

Here is instead a nice map that shows that's basically even:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven-day_week#Week_numbering -- it may be
what you say for America, but it is what I and Bear say for Europe. China
and India, where the vast majority of world's population is, are evenly
split as well (should one of them change, that what the most common would
become).