[lug] large file management

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Mon Mar 17 16:38:39 MDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Davide Del Vento
<davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a large number of fairly large files (spoiler alert: the
> digital pictures of a lifetime). The collection is growing, mostly but
> not only by append. I have three copies onsite, and would like to add
> a forth copy offsite. Two of the copies are actively edited
> (occasionally, but the frequency doesn't matter), and often appended.
> The third (and forth) copy is just for backup.

What about Bittorrent Sync? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_Sync

I haven't used it myself, but it seems to be the thing these days.

I believe there's another one that lately came out and I heard good
things about. Let me see if I can find it. AeroFS is it.
https://www.aerofs.com/