[lug] De-index service

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 19:35:20 MDT 2014

There is not such a thing as "de-index". However, unlike what others
said, you have two options.

1) if the information you are trying to make is clearly incorrect, and
if it has been posted on serious websites, you (or your pay-service)
can contact them and have it removed. E.g.: wikipedia, all decent news
websites, etc. This is usually a tough call.

2) if one of the two requirements above is not met (e.g. the
information is correct, but embarrassing -- or if it has been
published on crap-websites which you have not legal ways to challenge
or that is too much time and money consuming) you can still make that
content "disappear", by making it move to the second, third or later
page of the search results. To do so, you have to "improve" the hits
(potentially using one of the pay-services such as reputation.com) in
a very simple way: flood the internet with "good" content matching the
search query you want to hide. For example if the search is about your
name, you want to have many positive pages having your name. Of course
all the SEO techniques apply so you don't just flood the internet with
copy-paste copies of your resume, but you have to have "nice" content,
linked by other high-ranking pages (possibly newspapers), and the
likes.

Good luck.
Davide