[lug] Windows XP End-of-Life: April 8, 2014

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Mon Apr 7 14:19:37 MDT 2014

I doubt it. Would you want to be the poor sucker stuck working on XP
support? Talk about a career dead-end.

Have they decided on whether the ongoing maintenance will be available to
the public? It's perfectly reasonable for the Brits and Dutch to say that
they paid for their support and everyone else can screw themselves. It's
not going to be cost-effective for either MS or those governments to set up
individual support contracts and you don't want to encourage the moral
hazard of waiting for somebody else to foot the whole bill while you get a
free ride.