[lug] mac mini server as 24/7 house server?

Simos blug at chinesetearoom.com
Mon Apr 21 12:09:51 MDT 2014

> On 4/21/14 9:10 AM, Quentin Hartman wrote:
> > Wow, can you hear your power meter spinning from inside the house?
> >
> The city of Westminster library has power usage equipment that you can
> checkout to review your home. I was thinking I'd check one out and do
> some work.

For anyone in Boulder, the Boulder Library also lets you borrow energy
meters:

http://research.boulderlibrary.org/content.php?pid=80455&sid=614318

I used an older version of these last year to measure how much it was
costing me to leave my Linux desktop and my XBMC HTPC on most of
the day. You can use your Xcell bill to figure out the actual $$.

Simos