[lug] The Hacker's Guide to Python.

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Fri May 9 09:47:52 MDT 2014

Dave,

Okay, I'll bite: Why does Stephen Coonts recommend against self-published
fiction?

I think, in general, self-published fiction is doing
well<http://authorearnings.com/the-report/>in the Age of Amazon, but
that's just a statement about sales, not quality.

I know a very good guy looking for SCM work. (As I did with you, I tried to
recruit him, but the timing didn't work. When I was recruiting, he was
happy. Now that he isn't, I'm not recruiting. Figures.)

You guys hiring? You know anyone I should point him at?

He comes to Boulder DevOps meetings, but I've never asked him where he
lives.

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> http://julien.danjou.info/books/the-hacker-guide-to-python
>
> Anyone read this and have any comments?
>
> I know the author from his blog and it seems like an interesting book if
> you write Python code. Seems a bit pricey but it's been a long time since I
> bought a tech book so what do I know?
>
> It's also self published and although Stephen Coonts recommends against
> that (at least for fiction) there doesn't seem to be much downside here.
>
> Dave

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],
http://www.youtube.com/user/goyishekop [vlog]