[lug] Linux for New User (Desktop OS)

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri May 23 13:23:42 MDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-05-23 at 13:11 -0600, Davide Del Vento wrote:
> If you care about XFCE (which has poor support for things like dual
> monitor, absolutely not recommended in case the user wants to use this
> computer for presentations), I'd consider xubuntu LTS instead of Mint.

Huh?  I use XFce exclusively on all my desktops, many with multiple
monitors and on laptops which I use for presentations with external
monitors.

Multi-monitor support is less an issue with XFce than it is with a
proper X configuration.  I use both nvidia and ati open source drivers
with XFce and use it to configure connected monitors.  I don't have
custom xorg.conf's on these boxes.

Then again, I use Fedora and CentOS on everything so maybe its a
distribution issue.

--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>