[lug] Locking the volume control at %100

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 16:53:34 MDT 2014

I don't know about locking the control, maybe some permission changes on
the audio devices? It's hackish and ugly, but maybe a cronjob that maxes
the volume via one of the many cli-mixer utilities would do the trick?  As
I recall the syntax for alsamixer is something like "amixer set master
100%". Should double-check that though. As you allude to though, audio has
gotten complicated enough that I'm not sure you'll find a universally
reliable fix.