[lug] WARNING! - Ubuntu Kernel 2.6.32-61-generic Update Breaks Video

Lori R lightningrose at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 11:33:10 MDT 2014

The latest Ubuntu (in the last 24 hours) 2.6.32-61-generic update for LTS
10.04 (don't ask) seems to have broken video play, at least for VLC, and I
don't care about any other vid players.

I have confirmed this on all 4 machines on our home network.

It's entirely possible it was something else included with this update, but
I don't recall what those items were. Is there an easy way to find out what
they were?

I have never reverted to a previous kernel so if any one can point me at an
easy to follow tutorial, I'd appreciate it. (Yes, I will Google, but any
assistance would be appreciated)

Thanks,
Lori
www.lightning-rose.com