[lug] PCB Layout Software? Gerber RS-274X

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Jun 24 15:38:52 MDT 2014

On 06/24/2014 01:56 PM, stimits at comcast.net wrote:
> I need to open some circuit board designs in linux, and although there seem to
> be design programs out there I'm having problems finding one that reads the
> particular files I have. The files are listed as RS-274X format, and have
> these extensions on file names:
> *.drl
> *.pho
> *.lst
> *.ppm
> *.rep
> Does anyone here know of or have a favorite PC board program that can directly
> import or use these? I'm using fedora if that helps.
> Thanks!

# yum info pcb
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, langpacks, tmprepo
Available Packages
Name        : pcb
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 0.20110918
Release     : 12.fc20
Size        : 1.3 M
Repo        : fedora/20/x86_64
Summary     : An interactive printed circuit board editor
URL         : http://pcb.sourceforge.net
License     : GPLv2
Description : PCB is an interactive printed circuit board editor.
             : PCB includes a rats nest feature, design rule checking, and can
provide
             : industry standard RS-274-X (Gerber), NC drill, and centroid
data (X-Y data)
             : output for use in the board fabrication and assembly process.
PCB offers
             : high end features such as an autorouter and trace optimizer
which can
             : tremendously reduce layout time.

?

--