[lug] Can't be too careful. :-)

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Wed Jul 9 10:36:50 MDT 2014

I use hide my ass. It works well but I've noticed that my ipad will quietly
drop the VPN connection if I'm inactive for awhile, I don't know if that's
specific to them or a general problem.

On my long 'to do' list is reflashing an old home router and setting it up
to automatically direct some traffic through a VPN. If you want to do that
you should probably start with the new router image and figure out which
VPNs it supports.

(To answer an obvious question all of my linux boxes are wired to the
comcast modem so the router is just popped into that connection. All of the
wireless devices would continue to use the comcast wifi. It's nothing
nefarious, just an extra layer of protection when talking to my bank, etc.)