[lug] E-Mail List Hosting Advice

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 16:43:42 MDT 2014

Can anyone recommend a low-cost hosting service for an e-mail list or
list-serve?

I'm involved with an activist group whose members send e-mail to
everyone by putting the recipients in the "cc" field.  If you're
reading this, I don't need to explain to you why that is lame.

Somebody suggested using Yahoo Groups, which is free, but requires
users to sign up for a Yahoo account, and there's some resistance to
that.    So I'm looking for some other service  that would allow
members to subscribe and unsubscribe themselves.

What does BLUG use?