[lug] wget proxy tunneling fail

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Fri Jul 25 15:32:29 MDT 2014

I'm not on linux right now, but found something perhaps of interest:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.user/101968

I've often used telnet to port 80 of a web server and manually typed in the GET header to see what response is given. One part of the GET is HTTP/1.0 or 1.1. If you use 1.0, the header requirements are simplified, so this is what I type by hand. It looks like wget, when using 1.1, fails to throw in the rest of the header which is mandatory.

Perhaps there is a way to force wget to use HTTP 1.0? Don't have any man pages handy.

----- Original Message -----From: Stephen Queen <svqueen at gmail.com>To: Boulder Linux Users Group -- General Mailing <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>Sent: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 18:54:35 -0000 (UTC)Subject: [lug] wget proxy tunneling fail
 ...wget -t 2 -T 30 --passive-ftp --no-check-certificate --spider 'https://eula-downloads.yoctoproject.org/index.php'

 I get the following error,

--2014-07-25 12:31:50--  https://eula-downloads.yoctoproject.org/index.phpResolving proxyname (proxyname)... XX.XX.XX.XXConnecting to proxyname (proxyname)|XX.XX.XX.XX|:8080... connected.

Proxy tunneling failed: Host header is nullUnable to establish SSL connection.