[lug] want to borrow: SSD

joesheehan joesheehan at qwest.net
Wed Aug 27 12:38:18 MDT 2014

   Robert,

     Can you copy an OS image off to a 64 gig USB thumb drive and boot and test from there?   My 17" MacBook Pro  is 4+ years old and always spikes from Adobe Flash problems,  including even its update process.  Doesn't sound like that's related at all.  I assume you've  tried switching the ram sticks around.  Have you tried booting with [apple-v]  to see if there are any startup messages?

   Good Luck!