[lug] Implementing Vacation

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:20:20 MDT 2014

I've used the webpage method before. The page was actually on the mail
server, so there was no ssh stuff needed. Also, rather than having it set
the state directly, I had it write to a csv file that contained
user,"message",begin,end and then had a hourly cron that processed that
file and made sure that all the user's settings were right, and if  someone
logged in and already had a message set, they could edit it, or change
begin and end, or what have you. It worked pretty well.