[lug] September Schwag

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 08:18:31 MDT 2014

Caleb,

Thanks!

Rachel Cannon, our new Teksystems rep, stood up, gave away a pair of
hard-copy books that Chuck Hipschman got us (Sobell's RHEL7/Fedora guide
and an Ubuntu 14.04 book), Teksystems schwag -- nice led flashlights and
well-made, portable coffee mugs -- and read out your email. She got to the
end and said something like, "Oh. And he wants a job? I have jobs."  :-)

You should get in touch with Rachel.

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Caleb K <go_lanche at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Friends,
>
> I've had something come up and won't be able to attend tonight's BLUG
> meeting, but I do have a fresh round of schwag for us, please give this a
> read at the meeting if possible.
>
> First off, Apress Publishing is offering a new subscription service. They
> usually charge $199 for a year's access but will give it to BLUG members
> for $149. Here's their site on it: http://www.apress.com/subscription/  .
> Let me know if you are interested in that and I'll get you set up.
>
> Here are this month's free eBooks available for review. Please let me know
> if any of the following are interesting and I'll get you set up with a
> copy:
>
> -Irresistible Apps
> -Running Mainframe z on Distributed Platforms
> -Physics for JavaScript Games, Animation, and Simulations
> -Expert ASP.NET Web API 2 for MVC Developers
> -JavaScript Creativity
> -Better Business Decisions from Data
> -Automation through Chef Opscode
> -.NET IL Assembler
> -Unity for Absolute Beginners
> -Pro JavaFX 8
> -Pro Linux High Availability Clustering
>
> I'll be looking for work starting Oct. 1st and am looking for internships
> or low-level projects as well as jobs. Please shoot me an email if you have
> any openings.
>
> Thanks and enjoy the talk tonight.
>
> Caleb

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>