[lug] Linux Laptop

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 11:26:44 MDT 2014

I suggest checking woot.com and newegg.com too. They have decent (on
paper) refurbs for $2-300 but you may have to wait for the right thing
to pop. And of course there is the option to use a $200 Chromebook
(either as is, or wiped).

Alternatively, I have an old HP with AMD Athlon XP2500+, with I think
384MB of RAM, almost new 250GB disk, 1024x768 14" screen (with today's
standard for low price stuff I could call the screen "high
resolution"), wifi G on a PCMCIA card (worked with Ubuntu last time I
tried). The battery is old, and the keyboard is Italian layout (but
you can use stickers and make it your favorite layout). It's
underpowered and sluggish when running modern GUIs, but if you want
something *really* cheap and you think it may work for you, make me an
offer offlist.

Cheers,
Davide