[lug] Linux Laptop

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Oct 16 13:48:26 MDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-10-16 at 14:18 -0400, Stephen Kraus wrote:
> http://blog.cnicodeme.com/install-fedora-20-on-a-hp-butterfly-chromebook

Ah.  The hardware mod (minor though it appears to be).  Maybe I'll try
this now that I've had that machine sitting idle for so long.  Though
mine isn't an HP Pavillion.  I have the Acer C7:
http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-information-for-chrome-os-devices/acer-c7-chromebook

But this does look like the solution I was looking for.  Interesting,
since I was stuck working with coreboot/SeaBIOS recently for a project
here at work.

I wonder if I can run the firmware upgrade script from ChrUbuntu.  I
don't remember how to get back to ChromeOS.  In fact, I don't remember
ever using ChromeOS.

Well, if it bricks it's no less useful than it is right now.
--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>