[lug] BLUG meeting announcement - December 11, 2014

anna anna.cereti at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 08:15:17 MST 2014

The December BLUG meeting is coming up. It looks like this might be our
last monthly meeting, don't miss the chance!

Speaker: Rob Savoye
Title: Moving A Large Build Farm, While Still Trying To Make A Software
Releases

Abstract:  A journey through acronyms of system software by two embedded
systems
engineers... I recently had to move a large build farm used for GNU
toolchain testing to a new office. During this move, we managed to still
crank out software releases on time. This talk is on how we prepared for
the move, survived all the usual crises, and managed to make the release
anyway with a critical last minute bug fix. I'll also talk about our
automated build and validation infrastructure which moved several times
over a few weeks.

Bio: Rob has been programming for 35 years, having done a wide variety of
startups from robotics, networking, CAD/CAM, machine vision, kernel
hacking, cross compilers, supercomputers, free software, and embedded
systems. Rob started working with GCC & GDB in the 1980s, joined Cygnus
Support in the beginning, and has worked on many GNU projects from GCC,
GDB, Binutils, Newlib, Autotools, and Cygwin, to various bits of
GNU/Linux. Rob is also the primary author of Libgloss, DejaGnu, Gnash,
and a few other obscure GNU projects. In 2010, Rob won the Free Software
Foundation award for the Advancement of Free Software.

  When : 7:15 p.m. on Thu, December 11, 2014

  Where : Applied Trust, 1033 Walnut St, Bulder, CO 80302

  Applied Trust is on Walnut Street in downtown Boulder. It is the door
just west of Amante Coffee.

Map : http://lug.boulder.co.us/meetings.html

Parking : Parking on the street is free after 7pm and there are 2 public
garages on Walnut at $1.25/hour and bike parking on the sidewalk in front
of the office.

Bus : Less than 2 blocks from Broadway which is served by the Skip busses.
Less than 4 blocks from the Boulder Transit Center which serves almost all
routes.

Pre meeting food

Food will be available at the meeting location, so please show up around 6:45
pm and join us for a bite to eat. We'll start the meeting at 7:15.

See you there,

Anna