[lug] Last BLUG speaker

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:46:03 MST 2014

Folks,

So far as I know, Thursday's speaker will be BLUG's last. (I expect Anna
will put out a second notice for Rob's talk later today or tomorrow.)

It's been fun for me to be part of a completely anarchical user group. No
members, no elections, no dues, no officers -- everything has been done by
people simply stepping up and doing what they thought needed to be done.

I personally want to thank Anna Cereti and Chris Riddoch for doing the hard
work of recruiting speakers and organizing the programs over the years. I
hope I get to see both of them on Thursday.

I'm grateful to both Trent Hein, at Applied Trust, and Debi Chernak, at the
late, lamented, Aztek Networks, for having offered up long-term, reliable,
meeting space.

And I'm grateful to Patrick Homans and his various partners-in-crime at Tek
Systems for having given us an awful lot of pizza.

I also want to thank all the speakers. I've seen a lot and learned a bunch.
I'll try to bring a cake on Thursday. Does anyone (Chris?) know how long a
run we had -- how many candles I should put on?

So far as I know, Kevin Fenzi will continue to support this mailing list.
(Thanks, Kevin!) Hacking Society will continue to drink beer on Thursdays
at the Southern Sun, so if you, too, want to thank Kevin, show up on a
Thursday and buy him one.

--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],