[lug] Jeffrey, please add me to your LinkedIn network

Ferdinand Schmid ferdinand at schmidix.net
Tue Dec 16 11:22:30 MST 2014

I've had my Galago UltraPro for little over a year now and am very happy
with it.  It lasts about 5 days suspended to team.  So it does burn more
power than other laptops in that state but it's totally usable.  My
trackpad is decent, I got used to it and find it easy to use.

It is a plastic computer and most stickers have come off by now (this
computer travels with me every day) but it is holding up just fine. The
initial keyboard was poor quality and System76 sent out new keyboards to
affected customers in response to customer complaints.  I found that to be
very good customer service.  The only problem I really ran into is the
stemmer port.  It is flimsy and I managed to break it a few weeks ago.
Still usable but the cable doesn't latch any longer.  I haven't asked them
about repair yet.

You can visit their Denver office - I did that before my purchase.  Nice
people but a small company.

You are welcome to contact me off-list to check out the laptop.

Hope this information is useful to you,
Ferdinand