[lug] Linux laptops

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Dec 17 09:29:48 MST 2014

On 12/17/2014 09:23 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Since folks are talking about Linux friendly laptops, I thought I would
> throw in a plug for my current one:
>
> Lenovo Yoga 2 pro.
>
> I've had it for about a year and a half and it's been great. The yoga 3
> pro is now out, which is basically the same laptop, but slimmer and
> lighter and with a newer cpu.
>
> The 3200x1800 resolution is great. The keyboard backlight just works.
> Wireless just works. It's a nice little laptop.
>
> kevin

Hmm, just got one of these (yoga 2 pro) here and have mixed success with it
and KDE.  Definitely a challenge to get fonts/icons/etc. to get scaled up,
although perhaps not *that* hard.  Have been having trouble with the Intel
7260 wireless chip, although that may have finally sorted itself out as well.

Otherwise, yes the screen is nice, and it's quite light.  Had to buy a USB
ethernet adapter to do a kickstart install.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com