[lug] Happy New Year, and a Request

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 10:58:02 MST 2014

Folks,

BLUG is *Alive!* <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c>

Dan Mackin has stepped up to organizing the talks. Trent Hein is providing
a place and food. Dan and Trent have put us on Meetup. Louis Krupp is
gathering schwag.Kevin Fenzi is maintaining this mailing list. On January
8, Ryan Hartkopf will give us a talk about Ansible.

Now all we need is for you to come, eat the food, take the schwag, listen
to the Ryan, and celebrate the 8th.

Before the Civil War, the 8th of January was America's second-biggest
holiday, commemorating one of our great military victories, Andrew
Jackson's defeat of the British at the battle of New Orleans
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ64vzgadEA> on January 8, 1815.  (The
biggest was the Fourth of July.)

Even if you already have plans to celebrate the glorious 8th elsewhere,
take a second to click through to the Meetup page
<http://www.meetup.com/Boulder-Linux-Users-Group-BLUG/> and sign up for the
group, so you get the notices of future BLUG events.

A community is just the people in it. That would be you. Make showing up at
BLUG one of your New Year's resolutions.

--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],