[lug] blug web site updates, contribute via github

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 15:40:58 MST 2015

Caffe Sole is trying to turn itself into a restaurant with music, so
Thursday nights there's typically a live band.

Some of us meet at Southern Sun on Thursdays for beer and dinner. Happy
hour ends @6, so we try to get there before that. It's a high signal/noise
group, so I've learned a lot by listening at these.

I usually go to Sole afterwards anyway, because the music's pretty good.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Neal McBurnett <neal at bcn.boulder.co.us>
wrote:

> Thanks, Louis.  What is the status of the Hacking Society meetings?  Now
> at Southern Sun, or no longer meeting?  Any other Hacking Society chapters
> still active?
>
> And thanks, Jeremy!
>
> I've put in a github pull request with Jeremy to add a bit of history to
> the About page and update the index.
>
> Let us know (or jump in) if you have better information.
>
>  https://github.com/copiousfreetime/blug-website/pull/2
>
> Neal McBurnett                 http://neal.mcburnett.org/
>
> On Fri, Jan 02, 2015 at 12:13:14PM -0700, Louis Krupp wrote:
> > Jeremy,
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > The web page still has text about, and a link to, Hacking Society
> gatherings at Caffè Sole. That should probably be fixed at some
> > point.
> >
> > Louis
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Jeremy Hinegardner <
> jeremy at hinegardner.org> wrote:
> >

> >             I can update the site. Jeremy created it, not sure if he's
> able to work
> >             on it anymore.
> >
> >         I’ll see if my key still has permissions to push an update.
> >
> >     Yup, was able to push an update. The sidebar now links to the
> meetup.com location, and the meetings page also explicitly links
> >     to meetup.com.
> >
> >     I’ve put the git repo that holds the blug website up on github —
> https://github.com/copiousfreetime/blug-website I’ll be happy
> >     to convert it to an organization and invite anyone to it, if that’s
> what folks want.
> >
> >     It looks like Meetup also can provide sidebar javascript widgets and
> such, if someone wants to send me the snippet info I’ll
> >     put in the sidebar. Or send a pull request :-).
> >
> >     enjoy,
> >
> >     -jeremy

> >     Join us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org port=6667
> channel=#hackingsociety

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],
http://www.youtube.com/user/goyishekop [vlog]