[lug] Fwd: A message from nellie at drivewesaid (DwS)

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sun Jan 18 10:17:10 MST 2015

Does anyone have any ideas? Some of my systems have software RAID 1 but
I've never used RAID 5 or not heard of it failing to rebuild after the
failure of a single drive.

The reinstall scares me a little but maybe it doesn't matter with /home on
a separate partition. I've done it many times on a conventional drive but
don't know what would happen on a degraded RAID 5 system.

Thanks,

Bear