[lug] Interface stats getting zeroed

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Thu Jan 29 23:27:38 MST 2015

On 01/29/2015 09:08 PM, stimits at comcast.net wrote:
> Were there any automated package updates which may have restarted the interface after the update? There'd be some sort of log of an update around the time the interface restarted.

I looked at the package manager logs and there was a package update
during the previous 6 hour reporting interval. I don't see that
any package updates in the last 60 days coincide with a time when
the counters get reset. I have just reinstalled iproute, sysstat
and vnstat as test. No effect on the interface counters.

ps -efw shows the start times for processes as being before Jan 27
or sometime today. Today, I restarted services that I suspected were
being attacked:
   ntpd, named, apache
These restarts did not reset any of the counters.