[lug] rsync to explore file system differences?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:01:19 MST 2015

You could make a multi-pass system. Have it skip /dev and handle that
independently. Really, do you need to do anything with it? It's not really
a fs, so I wouldn't think it would be part of your image anyway. In any
case, if you do need to worry about it, it's small enough to tackle alone.
As far as hard links are concerned, a second step with find just looking
for files with multiple links would pull out all your hard links relatively
quickly. This page illustrates a number of approached to dealing with links
that might be useful to you:
http://linuxcommando.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-to-find-and-delete-all-hard-links.html

In any case, that's how I'd approach it.

QH