[lug] Interesting talk by Vint Cerf

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Feb 13 19:47:06 MST 2015

On 02/13/2015 06:42 PM, Rob Nagler wrote:

> It is funny that Vint mentions Photoshop as the editing tool and not
> Google+/Picasa. He needs to get with the program.

Professionals still use Photoshop. It is overkill for the average
person. Although for advanced "prosumers" (I hate that word) it is great
and sometimes not enough.

I buy desktop backgrounds (well, I subscribe) to a guy who designs and
renders them. He's building a new render system with 20 CPU cores and a
pair of giant Nvidia cards. If you look up similar resources online in
cloud systems, you can quickly spend a lot more money in the cloud than
you do by buying it one time.