[lug] Logging Internet Connection Speed

Ryan Newby renewby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 21:41:21 MDT 2015

Have you looked at DD-WRT, or Meraki?
Meraki licensing is fairly cheap, the APs are decent depending on which
model you need. The beauty is that they're cloud based so you could easily
connect to your customer's device without a lot of overhead for
configuration. Has some pretty awesome layer 7 monitoring as well.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Joseph Mills <josephjamesmills at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have wrote some linux system monitoring stuff for servers.  It uses Go,
> Php, and bash scripts along with a couple of py scripts.  Would you like it
> ?
>
> Joseph
>
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Quentin Hartman <qhartman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Anything that has recent python on it should be able to use this:
>> https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Robert Racansky <
>> robert.racansky at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a small office / home office router than has built-in
>>> functionality to periodically log the performance of a user's internet
>>> connection?
>>>
>>> Yeah, I could have those people who call me for help run speedtest.net
>>> when they're having problems, but (1) it would be nice to have
>>> historical data, (2) some people can't be depended on to do this.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Join us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org port=6667 channel=#hackingsociety

>> Join us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org port=6667 channel=#hackingsociety

Ryan Newby
email:renewby at gmail.com
phone:303-720-9498