[lug] USB flash drive mounting

Gary Hodges - NOAA Affiliate gary.hodges at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 6 13:20:42 MDT 2015

Hi,

The scenario...

I have multiple USB storage drives and multiple computers.  I want to be
able to mount from within a script any USB drive on any computer.  I'd
like all the USB drives to be identified the same way, e.g, FLASH.

Is that clear?  All the computers are configured identically.  I want to
be able to set up a computer and expect that all my USB drives will be
treated the same.  I'd like to write a script that checks if a drive is
mounted, mount if it isn't, write some data to it, then unmount.

Consulting the google has provided some leads, but I haven't been able
to make any work.

Gary