[lug] OT: Credit Cards w/ Chips

Jeff Sowders jsowders at tendrilinc.com
Fri May 15 15:38:30 MDT 2015

I had to use the chip in the Walmart boulder.  The card didn't work when I
swiped it.

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Maxwell Spangler <
maxlists at maxwellspangler.com> wrote:

>  I received an Amazon/Chase VISA card recently with a chip on it.
>
> While I know this is not guarantee of my credit card's security, it's a
> step in the right direction.
>
> However, I have yet to find an place where I can use it.
>
> Terminals with chip reader hardware exist at Target, King Soopers and many
> other places where I shop, but when I stick my card in, I get no response
> and have to swipe.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this?
>
> Posting here because this list has security aware people who may be able
> to share some backstory about the enabling of chip cards in 2015.
>
> Thanks,
>

>    --
> Maxwell Spangler

*_______________________________________________*
*Jeff Sowders | *Technical Lead

2580 55th St.  |  Suite 100  |  Boulder, Colorado 80301
*P* 865.414.4935  |
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=cm&pli=1#1452e358514f6c2e_SafeHtmlFilter_>
 *F* 720.921.2101
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=cm&pli=1#1452e358514f6c2e_SafeHtmlFilter_>