[lug] BLUG Meeting Announcement 2011-11-10

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Thu May 28 20:10:39 MDT 2015

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Jeremy Hinegardner
<jeremy at hinegardner.org> wrote:

> More information has come to light, tonight's talk will involve
> Sphero - The robot ball! Which is developed here in Boulder.
>
> -jeremy

FYI -- Sphero is involved in the development of BB-8 for the new "Star
Wars" movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUEGPY8gBd8  ( 2 min. 52 sec. )

BB-8 Droid From The Force Awakens Rolls On Stage At Star Wars
Celebration Anaheim

Disneyland Experience
published on Apr 16, 2015

http://www.gosphero.com/blog/sphero-and-disney-team-up-on-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

Sphero And Disney Team Up On Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Friends, by now you’ve all probably heard that Sphero is involved with
the latest Star Wars movie – specifically with the new Droid
character, BB-8. Right now, you can sign up for updates on BB-8 here.

While we can’t share many details with you at this point, we can say
that it has been an incredible honor to work alongside Disney and
Lucasfilm on one of the most exciting new characters added to the Star
Wars universe. Opportunities like this are rare. Once in a lifetime.
We know this. And we know that our current fans, as well as our new
Star Wars fans, will be expecting an extraordinary BB-8 experience.

We are confident we can deliver that experience.

This is the beginning of a revolution in the toy industry. Technology
advancements have made it possible to build the toys of the future and
create experiences that, until today, have only been portrayed in
science fiction. Just think, people will be able to own a piece of the
movie. They’ll have it in their homes, and will be able to relive an
experience that is authentic in every way to the entertainment
on-screen. It’s an exciting time, and we are thrilled you have chosen
to be a part of this journey.

Everyone said 2015 would be “The year of the Drone.” We’re here to
tell you this is “The year of the Droid."

Again, we’ll share more details with you as soon as we can. But for
now, you can stay up to date on our official BB-8 page here:
http://gosphero.com/starwars