[lug] Organize .pdf Docs

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 09:28:06 MDT 2015

Steve,

I save most of my stuff to Google Drive. I just searched it for "Gregory's
Theorem," which I knew was in one of the PDF documents there, and Google
found it without breaking a sweat. That's OS-agnostic, but might not be
open-source enough for your needs.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Will <will.sterling at gmail.com> wrote:

> I save them to Evernote.  Their contents along with me notes are then
> searchable.
>
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Davide Del Vento <
> davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Create your own text index and search that, and/or convert the pdfs to
>> text and grep into them.
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Stephen Queen <svqueen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am constantly referring to various .pdf documents. At times I'll read
>>> some fact that is important but fairly obscure. Several week/months/ even
>>> years later I'll want to refer back to this fact. I know I've saved the
>>> .pdf, but I won't know which one it is in a big mess of .pdf's. I know I'm
>>> not the only person who needs to deal with this. How do others organize and
>>> find information in their pdf repositories? I'm looking for an open source
>>> and linux solution.
>>>
>>> Steve

>>> Join us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org port=6667 channel=#hackingsociety

>> Join us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org port=6667 channel=#hackingsociety

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],
http://www.youtube.com/user/goyishekop [vlog]
*פרייהייט? דאס איז יאַנג דינען וואָרט.*