[lug] Outdoor rated Cat5e STRANDED

Gary Hodges - NOAA Affiliate gary.hodges at noaa.gov
Mon Sep 28 12:24:14 MDT 2015

I work for NOAA and we operate some research sites around the U.S.  What
I mostly need are essentially patch cables that will have exposed
sections.  Some of my devices are mounted on the inside of enclosure
doors, so I want stranded for the flexibility when opening and closing
the doors.  The Belden 7930A has a minimum bend radius of 1", the 7924A
bend radius is 2.5".  Some runs are in conduit and the 7924A has a
slightly better pull rating.  I'm debating pros and cons of those two
products now.  I can live with the goop some of the exterior products
have, but I don't think it's necessary for my applications.

Gary