[lug] FSCK: last run 4237 days ago

Brennen Bearnes bbearnes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 21:29:52 MDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Lori R <lightningrose at gmail.com> wrote:
> The oldest timestamped file I have is a DOS exe file proff.exe from 1988.
>
> I have C source code files, of my own authorship, from 1985.

You've got me beat by a decade or so, at least for anything that
constitutes still-executable source code.  I've got some QBasic from
the middle-90s that'll still run inside an emulator / VM, at any rate.
Mostly what I learn from looking at it now is that I'm not nearly as
much better a programmer as I would like.

These last few years, I've been thinking something along the lines of
"I should have the same home directory for the rest of my life."  I'm
done throwing stuff away.  What's the real gain in abandoning
continuity?

I wonder what I should be investing in right now, hardware- or
service-wise, to make that a reality.