[lug] New Fedora 23 Install Quirks

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Sun Nov 15 16:33:06 MST 2015

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 11:16 AM, <stimits at comcast.net> wrote:

This is the mystery I'm curious about, in part because I forgot to export my firefox bookmarks and the easiest migration would be if I rebooted to F19 and exported bookmarks then back to F23 to import (there are other details I'd like to be able to have access to the old F19 for, this is just the most important to get fixed fast...migrating everything instantly was not in the plan).

> While I don't have particular advice about booting the old drive, there's an easy work around for this, at least:
> Just mount the old install's partition and cp /old_fs_mount_point/home/stimits/.mozilla. Come to that, you
> could probably copy the entirety of the old home directory without much in the way of complications.  I think my
> current working homedir has persisted across half a dozen physical machines by this point, and the Firefox profile
> it contains has definitely been around for 2 or 3 of them...

This worked well. There are still a few less important reasons I'd like the option (at least temporarily) of booting my old f19 for, but this takes out the urgency.