[lug] CM for a small sysadmin.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Nov 30 16:41:17 MST 2015

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 13:07:52 -0600
> Dan Ferris<dan at usrsbin.com>  wrote:
>
>> Ansible.  It's by far the easiest of the bunch.
>
> I'd second this. It's very easy to ramp up and understand and pretty
> powerful.
>
> You might try some simple example service or setup and test out the
> various options yourself though and see which one fits best with how
> you work.

Thanks Kevin, that seems like good advice.  And rather than working on the most important parts I
can work on something that I can actually finish before getting interrupted.  I think that will be
good for the learning curve.

I think I'll do similarly with containers and see how those fit in.

I guess there are two goals for this project.  One is to document what I do in a way that I can
automatically reproduce the next time.  The other is to provide a way for other people to use what
I've done so they don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Dave