[lug] Kill X11 Hot Keys?

Simos blug at chinesetearoom.com
Mon Dec 14 18:50:21 MST 2015

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 01:25:17 +0000 (UTC)
stimits at comcast.net wrote:

> > setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp
> >
> > You can probably put this in your ~/.xinitrc
>
> I tried this...it completely ignored this. I guess ~/.xinitrc is no longer read, or the key binding is no longer valid.

Well, it works on my Debian box with LXDE/Openbox.

Apparently on Fedora though you also have to set DontZap to false in /etc/X11/xorg.conf (create it if it doesn't exist):

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "DontZap" "false"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier      "Keyboard Defaults"
    MatchIsKeyboard "yes"
    Option          "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection

Restart your X server obvioulsy after doing this.

Simos