[lug] Adding kernel driver to a raspberry pi

Jonathan Eidsness jonathan.eidsness at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:31:27 MST 2016

Running depmod -a doesn't do the trick, I think it's getting registered in
the wrong place.

Using insmod to install the drivers worked after a bit of work. Turns out
my driver was relying on another one that I thought was already enabled and
wasn't. Once I compiled and installed that everything sailed through just
fine using insmod.

Thanks for the all help. I am still curious as to why using make
modules_install is installing to the wrong location and how I'd go about
fixing it.

Jonathan Eidsness